Last updated on October 10th, 2023
Gynesonics, Inc. (“Gynesonics,” “we,” “our” and “us”) respects your privacy and wants you to be familiar with how we collect, use, share and otherwise process your Personal Information. This Privacy Notice is meant to help you understand our privacy practices related to the Personal Information we collect from you or that you share with us when you visit and interact with us online, such as when you visit Gynesonics.com, Sonatatreatment.com, or our other websites or when you participate in our clinical or patient programs, apply for employment, or have other business interactions with us where we display or reference this Privacy Notice (collectively our “Websites” or “Services”).
Information We Collect About You
In connection with our interactions with you and your use of our Services, we may collect Personal Information such as:
- Personal and business contact information (e.g., name, job title and employer name, email address, mailing address and phone number)
- Professional credentials, education history, employment history, academic qualifications and other information of the type included in a resume, professional networking profile (e.g., LinkedIn)
- Information about the use of Gynesonics’ information and communication systems and other assets, e.g., mailing system, desktop computers/laptops, servers, mobile devices, etc., including, but not limited to, user credentials, login data, email address book, authorized access details to applications and networks
- Demographic Information, such as age, date of birth, location
- Information collected through tracking technologies: IP address, web browser type or other online identifiers
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, such as profiles on sites such as Facebook or LinkedIn or from other public records or websites
- Other information you may choose to share with us
We may use the Personal Information we collect for a variety of purposes including to:
- Recruit for employment purposes, or onboard new Gynesonics employees
- Address questions related to products in development, or in market
- Deliver requested information on resources available related to the therapeutic areas or other medical or scientific areas that Gynesonics is developing
- Respond to questions regarding clinical trial recruitment or refer you to specific organizations that may provide information on how to participate in clinical trials
- Provide product information
- Fulfill our obligations to you under an applicable contract or to conduct business with you
- To provide support-related activities, such as customer service
- Analyze use of our website(s), optimize performance of our website(s) or to enhance or develop new features for our website(s)
- For marketing purposes, or to send you promotional materials, such as a newsletter, with your consent
- To conduct surveys, or polls and/or obtain testimonials
- Conduct other legitimate business activities, as allowed by applicable law
We may combine the Personal Information we collect about you online with the Personal Information we collect about you from our offline interactions with you (for example, our interactions by telephone or in person). We may also combine any of the information we collect about you with information we lawfully obtain from other sources, such as public records or websites, or other third parties (e.g., health care professionals, patient groups, government agencies). If required, we will collect your consent, or provide an opportunity for you to opt-out of this type of processing.
Gynesonics will also use your Personal Information when necessary to comply with applicable law, respond to legitimate requests from government authorities, including authorities that may be outside of your country of residence, to protect or defend our legal interests, and if necessary, to protect the safety of our employees and other stakeholders.
In the course of offering our Services, and, when required, with your consent, we may also collect Personal Information that is of a sensitive nature, including, for example the following categories of Sensitive Personal Information:
- Race and ethnicity
- Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our Websites
- Precise geolocation
- Disciplinary actions and/or criminal proceedings and/or sanctions (employees)
- Identification information (identity card/passport number, Social Security or other taxpayer/government identification number like driving license details
- Financial information
- Information related to your health and medical condition(s); which may include genetic data or biometric information
- Medical treatments, medications, and test results
- Information about your insurance
We may use this information, as necessary, to:
- Facilitate recruitment and employee-related activities, such as payroll and benefits
- Provide and manage clinical research opportunities, patient support or advocacy programs and other related Services
- Distribute and market our products
- Process and manage safety and quality concerns
- Conduct other legitimate business activities, as allowed by applicable law
We will only process Sensitive Personal Information when we have your consent, or another legal basis, such as when we obtain Sensitive Personal Information from medical professionals or third-party contacts, the medical professional or third-party contact supplying such information may be responsible for the management of consent.
Please contact us at [email protected] to make a request to opt-out of processing of your Sensitive Personal Information, or you may make this request by clicking the link “Limit The Use Of My Sensitive Personal Information” on our Website.
Cookies, or similar technologies, may provide us the following information:
- The type of web browser software you use
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (including client and server IP addresses, usernames, ports, queries, or other status-related information)
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website(s)
- The date and time you access our Website(s)
- Which pages you have visited on our Website(s)
In most cases we will not be able to identify you directly from the information we collect using these technologies. Or you may choose to disable cookies through your browser. If you do so, you may be unable to access or utilize certain parts of our Website(s), or your experience may be altered.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information as described in this Privacy Notice or under specific circumstances, including:
- To our affiliates for the purposes described in this Notice
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who we use to support our business such as website support, data analysis, IT services, customer service and other services
- To any third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of any or all portion of our business, assets or stock, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others
- With your consent, when required
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide Personal Information
We will not disclose any Personal Information to any unaffiliated third party for direct marketing purposes without your consent.
When we share Personal Information with third-party service providers, we require that they limit its use to only the purposes we've authorized, and for the limited purposes explained in this Privacy Notice. We also enter into agreements with these service providers to require them to protect your Personal Information appropriately.
THIRD-PARTY COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Websites contain links to content on various third-party websites, such as news stories or press releases. These third-party websites may collect Personal Information and other related information. This Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information or other practices of any third party, including any third party operating any site to which our Website(s) contain a link. The inclusion of a link on our Website(s) does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us or any of our affiliates.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. We will only transfer your Personal Information where we have established a legal basis and put in place adequate measures to protect your Personal Information as may be required by local law, but you should not use our Services if you do not want your Personal Information potentially transferred, or otherwise processed, in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection laws that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you are located in the EEA, your Personal Information may be transferred to Gynesonics and our affiliates, each a Data Controller, or to service providers in non-EEA countries that are not recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection according to EEA standards. For transfers from the EEA to countries not considered by the European Commission to have adequate protections, we have implemented measures to protect your Personal Information, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission.
YOUR PRIVACY CHOICES AND RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us at [email protected] to make any requests with regards to your Personal Information. In some cases, you might be able to update or correct Personal Information directly through our Services by following the instructions as provided.
You may have the right to request access to, modify, export, delete, etc. your Personal Information. These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances and may vary depending on your country, region or US state of residence. This means that we may be unable or not obligated to satisfy your request, for example, due to legal obligations or requirements to which Gynesonics is subject.
In some cases, we may need to collect additional information from you in order to verify your identity before providing you access to or deleting your information, such as a government-issued identification. Gynesonics will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights, but we may not be able to provide you with Services or programs that you have requested if we are not able to use your Information.
If you have provided permission to Gynesonics to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent for such processing at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
Please note that you can always unsubscribe from receiving emails and text messages by using the ‘Unsubscribe' link or instructions provided in the emails and texts you receive from us.
HOW WE SECURE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you submit Personal Information via our website(s) or through our Services, your Information is protected both online and offline. Prevention of unauthorized access or disclosure of data is of the utmost importance. Physical, administrative and technical procedures are employed to safeguard Personal Information.
All data transactions occurring over a public network (i.e. the Internet) are encrypted using SSL technology. Specific certifier details can be inspected in your browser during a secure session (see browser-specific help for details).
Access to Personal Information and data by our employees is limited to those persons or agents of our company that have a specific business purpose for maintaining and processing such information. These individuals are made aware of their responsibilities to protect the security of that information and also uphold the principles of confidentiality and integrity.
The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website(s), you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please do not share your password with anyone. Sharing of account passwords is considered an acceptable use violation and may result in loss of access to our Website(s) or Services.
Unfortunately, new vulnerabilities arise in the realm of technology every day. Although we strive to protect your information, circumstances beyond our control may compromise that goal. As with any website, please be conscious of the information you share. If you are not comfortable providing any Information, it is your right to withhold it.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will retain your Personal Information for the as long as reasonably necessary to serve the purpose(s) for which it was collected, and thereafter for the time period required or allowed by applicable law.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Gynesonics may update or make changes to this Privacy Notice from time to time, at our discretion. We encourage you to visit this page periodically to review our most current Privacy Notice and applicable effective date.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16
Our Websites and Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not submit any information about yourself. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Gynesonics, please contact us. We encourage all parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of the Internet.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this Privacy Notice, or you wish to exercise your rights as outlined in this Notice, please contact us at [email protected] or toll free (in the United States) 833-486-4010.
Residents of the EEA, Switzerland and/or the UK have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority if one is available in your country or US state. For convenience, EEA data protection authority contact information can be found here: country.
600 Chesapeake Drive
Redwood City, CA 94063
Privacy Notice | Cookie Notice | Do not Sell/Share my Personal Information
Limit the Use of My Sensitive Personal Information | Carbon Reduction Plan
Gynesonics, Inc. | 600 Chesapeake Drive | Redwood City, CA 94063 | (650) 216-3860
Copyright 2024 Gynesonics | WS 05195-002UK Rev C